The Midwest is by far the toughest region to get to the final four, just look at the coaches.
Top 5 Players
2. Mason Plumlee (Duke)- Plumlee is averaging about 16 ppg and 7rpg so far in the big dance.
3. Gorgui Dieng (Louisville)- No player has improved from his freshman year until now than Dieng.
4. Peyton Siva (Louisville)- Rick Pitino has called Siva one of the best leaders and players he has ever coached.
5. Seth Curry (Duke)- Curry is the best shooter left in the tournament.
Best scorer : Russ Smith, Louisville
Best passer: Peyton Siva, Louisville
Best shooter: Seth Curry, Duke
Best low-post scorer: Derrick Nix, Michigan State
Best leader: Peyton Siva, Louisville
Best rebounder: Gorgui Dieng, Louisville
Best NBA prospect: Mason Plumlee, Duke
Ranking the Coaches
1.Mike Krzyzewski (Duke)
2.Rick Pitino (Louisville)
3.Tom Izzo (Michigan State)
4. Dana Altman (Oregon)
Facts and Stats
- Duke has only advanced past the sweet 16 twice since 2001. They have never reached the final four when they were a 2 seed.
- Michigan State leads the tournament in second chance points (36).
-Louisville averages 23.2 points off turnovers, which is best in the country. So far in the NCAA Tournament the Cardinal opponents are turning the ball over 21.4 times per game.
- Last game Oregon shot 8 of 11 from the three point line. That is the best shooting percentage from three in the tournament in the last 2 years.