The Kentucky Wildcats have looked unbeatable in their run to the final four. As well as they are playing I don’t know if some of the bad NBA teams could beat them. There is really no weakness to their game right now. Guards Marquis Teague and Doron Lamb are playing their best basketball of the season. Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd Gilchrist could be the first two players taken in this year’s draft. Terrence Jones and Darius Miller are also really good players. Below is a recap of Kentucky’s wins in the tournament to get to New Orleans.
Kentucky-81 Western Kentucky-66
- As of late Terrence Jones has been playing lights out. In this game he had 22 points and 10 rebounds. He shot 9 of 13 from the field.
- Doron Lamb also had a breakout game with 16 points on 7 of 12 shooting.
- Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd Gilchrist were their usual dominate self’s. They combined for 23 points and 16 rebounds, 5 assists and 8 blocks; 7 of those blocks where from Davis.
- Kentucky out rebounded WKU by 12. The only negative was their three- point shooting and only having 6 points of the bench.
- This game was all about Kentucky’s point guard Marquis Teague. This was by far Teague’s best game in a Kentucky uniform. For the game he finished with 24 points, 7 assists, and 4 rebounds. He was 10 of 14 from the field. No one can stop Teague off the dribble. If Teague plays like this Kentucky might be unbeatable.
- Doron Lamb continued his hot play with scoring 16 points again. 15 of those points came from three.
- Anthony Davis was his usual dominant self; he finished with 15 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocks. Is there any question he is the best player in the country?
- Darius Miller gave the Wildcats a big spark off the bench. He had 19 points and 6 rebounds. He also hit 3 three’s.
- Kentucky shot 55 % from the field and 50 % from three, while Kentucky defense held Iowa State to 41 % shooting. For the game Iowa State only shot 3 of 22 from the field.
- The Wildcats were also dominant on the glass outrebounding Iowa State by 9.
-This was by far my favorite game of the tournament because it was all offense and up and down basketball. They didn’t need a shot clock for this game.
- Kentucky’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was just unstoppable in this game. He finished the game with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Six of those rebounds were offensive. He was also 10 for 10 from the line. He was a man, and Indiana had no one who could stop him. This was a huge game for Gilchrist because in the first two tournament games he was struggling.
- Guards Marquis Teague and Doron Lamb are playing their best basketball of the season right now. Teague finished with 14 points and 7 assists. While Lamb had 21 points and was 8 for 8 from the foul line. For the tournament Teague is averaging 16.6 points and Lamb is averaging 17.6 points. If Kentucky guards are playing like this the Wildcats are unbeatable.
-Darius Miller had a huge game off the bench. He finished with 19 points and including two three’s. Kentucky needs production off their bench and tonight Miller gave that to them.
- Anthony Davis got in foul trouble early and sat most of the 1st half. He only took 4 shots in the game and finished with 9 points. He also finished with 12 rebounds and 3 blocks. Davis can play a lot better and that is scary for future opponents of Kentucky. Terrence Jones also added 12 points and 5 rebounds.
- Kentucky was money from the free throw line. They shot 35 out of 37 that is 95 %. Kentucky held a plus 9 advantage on the glass. They also took care of the ball only committing 6 turnovers.
- The only negative for Kentucky was they allowed Indiana to shot 52 % from the field.
-What a job Tom Crean has done with this Indiana program. They should be here again in the years to come.
- This game wasn’t even as close as the final score indicated. The Wildcats were down 10-5 early but after that they went on a huge run and had leads of 20 plus. Right now they just look unbeatable. I don’t know if some of the bad NBA teams could beat them right now.
- Kentucky’s Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was just unstoppable in this game. He finished the game with 19 points and 5 rebounds. He shot 7 of 10 from the field. He was a man, and Baylor had no one who could stop him.
- Anthony Davis had a scare with a knee injury but lucky for him it was nothing serious. All he did in this game is score 18 points, bring down 11 rebounds and have 6 blocks. Davis is also showing off his all-around game as he hit a couple long jump shots in this game.
- Sure Terrence Jones only scored 12 points, but he dominated the game in every other area. Jones finished with 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. Now that is filling out the stat sheet.
- Marquis played lights out in the first three tournament games but not so much against Baylor. He finished the game with 4 turnovers.
- Doron Lamb had zero points in the 1st half but in the second half he scored 14 points. He got half of his points from the free throw line.
- Darius Miller had another solid game off the bench with 8 points, 3 assists, and 2 steals.
- Everyone always talks about the Wildcats defense but they can really defend. In this game they held Baylor to shot 39 % from the field. Kentucky also had 9 blocks and forced 14 Baylor turnovers.