NBA Training camps are getting underway. So here are some news and notes coming out of camps so far.
- New Orleans Hornets star point guard Eric Gordon will be held back in camp, because of a sore right knee. He had surgery on the knee last year that caused him to miss parts of last season.
- New York Knicks point guard is in shape this season. After admitting he wasn’t he shape last season because of the lockout.
- Andrew Bynum will be sidelined for three weeks after a bone bruise in his right knee. No question that Bynum will make the 76ers a player in the Eastern Conference.
- There is a report that the Cavs have put center Anderson Varejao on the trading block.
- The Toronto Raptors GM told point guard Jose Calderon that he might get traded this season.
- Ray Allen caused a big stir this offseason when he signed as a free agent with the Miami Heat rather than staying in Boston. Allen admitted his ankle is still not 100 % .
-Rasheed Wallace is coming out of retirement and will be training camp with the New York Knicks.
- Five months ago Dwight Howard had back surgery. Right now his goal is to be ready for the opening night for the Lakers.
- Chauncey Billups said he will be back sooner that many people expect after he tore his Achilles. Billups expected to be back way before the New Year.
- Heat head coach Eric Spoelstra said he will be patient with Dwyane Wade and that it is no guarantee that he will playing in the season opener.
- Sadly this looks to be another long season for Washington. There star point guard John Wall will be out two months with a stress fracture in the patella.
- Last season Ricky Rubio took the NBA by storm but then he tore his ACL. Right now he is hoping for a December return.
Follow me on twitter @ScottBasketball http://twitter.com/#!/ScottBasketball
Also like the Roundballchat site on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/roundballchatcom/191263564258333