Indiana: NBA Draft Grade D
(26) Miles Plumlee, PF; (36) Orlando Johnson, SG
Most of the 1st round had no shocking picks until the Pacers took Plumlee with the 26th pick in the 1st round. Plumlee is a beast in workouts because his strength and athletic ability really shows but when it’s game time you don’t see any of that. Last year at Duke he only averaged 6.6 points per game. Plumlee could be a very good backup center but is that what you pick for at 26th overall?
Johnson, was one of the best scorers in the nation the past couple years in college. He could be a very good bench player.
Offseason/ Free Agents and Trades: Grade B+
-Portland offered Roy Hibbert a four-year contract worth $58 Million. The Pacers matched that offer by the Trail Blazers. This is a key resigning for the Pacers to keep their talented young center.
- The Pacers resigned guard George Hill to a new five year contract.
- The Pacers traded guards Darren Collison and Dahntay Jones to the Dallas Mavercks for center Ian Mahinmi.
- The Pacers singed point guard D.J. Augustin from the Charlotte Bobcats to a one year deal.
- Gerald Green signed a free agent contract with the Pacers.