Atlanta: NBA Draft Grade C
(23) John Jenkins, SG; (43) Mike Scott, PF
The Hawks are changing their roster around as by all their recent trades. From the draft they added the best shooter in the draft and one of the most productive college players.
Jenkins can flat out shoot the ball, he has unlimited range. Jenkins was by far the best shooter in college basketball this season. He excels at coming off screens to get his shots. Jenkins is also a very clutch player. Jenkins is not a great athlete, which causes him to struggle to create his own shot. He also really needs to work on his defense. Problem is Jenkins doesn’t do to much more besides shoot the ball.
Scott was the runner up for the ACC player of the Year but he is really undersized. He is a tweener between a power and small forward. Scott could turn out a be a great value pick.
Offseason/ Free Agents and Trades: Grade C-
- The Hawks traded All Star Joe Johnson to the Brooklyn Nets. In doing so the Hawks got rid of Johnson’s big contract. In return the Hawks got Anthony Morrow, Jordan Farmar, Jordan Williams, Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson and Houston’s 2013 lottery-protected first-rounder. The Hawks waived Farmar.
- The Hawks had another trade this time with the Utah Jazz. The Hawks shipped Marvin Williams to Utah for point guard Devin Harris.
- Former 76ers combo guard Lou Williams has agreed on a multi-year deal with the Hawks.
- The Hawks trade with the Bulls to get sharp shooter Kyle Korver .