The NBA is starting in a week, so it is time for my fantasy rankings for this season. I will have a top 30 list for each position. Today I look at the small forwards.
Top 30 Small Forwards
1. Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City) – Durant is primes to win the MVP in my eyes. Last season Durant’s numbers decrease in every major category, but don’t worry his stat line is still one of the best in the game. Last season he averaged 27 .7 points pg, 6.8 rebounds pg, 2.7 assists pg, and 1.1 steals pg. Durant is also a great shooter; he made about 2 threes per game last season while shooting 88 % from the free throw line.
2.LeBron James (Miami) – Despite going to Miami last season too play with two other superstars his stats didn’t dip that much. His stat line from last year : 26.7 points pg, 7.0 assists pg, 7.5 rebounds pg, and 1.6 steals pg. James only lost about 1 shot attempt per game with his move to Miami. James stats across the board should increase as he builds more chemistry with his teammates. Still needs to shoot the three better.
3. Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks) – Anthony got his wish last season as he was traded to the Knicks. Just like James and Durant Anthony can score the ball averaging 25.6 points per game. He also averaged 7.3 rebounds and2.9 assists. While playing with the Knicks last season Anthony had his most success shooting the three making 2 per game while shooting 42%.
4. Danny Granger (Indiana) – Granger’s shot attempts per game dropped by 2.5 last season but still Granger is still atop the small forward rankings. He averaged 20.5 points pg, 5.4 rebounds pg, 2.6 assists pg, and 1.1 steals pg last season. Granger also made 2 threes per game while shooting a respectable 39 % from three. The Pacers have brought in David West, however I don’t think this will hurt Granger’s output.
5. Paul Pierce (Boston) – Despite being 34 years old Pierce shows no signs of slipping. His game and stats have been consistent. Last season his points, assists, and rebound numbers all increased. He average 18.9 PPG, 3.3 APG, 5.4 RPG, 1.0 SPG. Last season Pierce averaged 1.5 threes per game.
6. Rudy Gay (Memphis)
7.Gerald Wallace (Portland)
8. Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia
9. Dorell Wright (Golden State)
10. Luol Deng (Chicago)
11. Danilo Gallinari (Denver)
12. Michael Beasley (Minnesota)
13.Shawn Marion (Dallas)
14. Corey Maggette (Charlotte)
15. Caron Butler (Los Angeles Clippers)
16. Tayshaun Prince (Detroit)
17. John Salmons (Sacramento)
18.Chase Budinger (Houston)
19.Thaddeus Young (Philadelphia)
20. Hedo Turkoglu (Orlando)
21. Marvin Williams (Atlantna)
22. Nicolas Batum (Portland)
23. Carlos Delfino (Milwaukee)
24. Grant Hill (New York Knicks)
25.Omri Casspi (Cleveland)
26.Trevor Ariza (New Orleans)
27. Rashard Lewis (Washington)
28. Andrei Kirilenko (Free agent)
29. Jared Dudley (Phoenix)
30. Travis Outlaw (New Jersey)
Follow me on twitter @ScottBasketball http://twitter.com/#!/ScottBasketball
Also like the Roundballchat site on facebook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/roundballchatcom/191263564258333